Go to Top

Assessor Training Direct

NVQ Assessor Training - First-Class, Fast & Flexible

ASSESSOR TRAINING DIRECT are specialist providers of the NVQ Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement and the Level 4 Internal Quality Assurance qualifications.  If you are looking for a fast-track route to qualification as an Assessor or IQA, Assessor Training Direct is the provider for you offering a full range of flexible training courses.


Do you want to become a productive and effective vocational assessor in your field quickly?  With Assessor Training Direct, you can be certificated as a qualified Assessor in a few short weeks. You can also have your course delivered in a way that’s flexible and convenient for you and fits in with your own work and home commitments.  You can either attend one of our 1 day scheduled courses at locations throughout the UK, or we can travel to you and deliver in-house, or you can study online.   Once initial training is completed, you will then get free personal support and guidance to help you finish your Portfolio of Evidence.  The whole process from start to finish is designed to get you through the qualification quickly and without fuss.

Scheduled Course Dates


Our prices are highly competitive starting at £175+VAT per head for the Level 3 Assessor Award in Understanding Principles and Practices, and £545+VAT per head for the Level 3 Assessor Certificate (formerly the A1).  You will get qualified and productive as an Assessor quickly and, as your time is money, this makes our rates even more attractive.

We also offer flexible payment terms via 2 instalments.  You only need to pay a 60% deposit to get started (with the remaining 40% payment due prior to certification).

Prices are all-inclusive and cover training days, pre-course materials, support, registration and certification fees.

For more on our Prices and Discounts.  For more on our flexible Payment Terms.


Since 2012 there has been a choice of Assessor qualifications – the Award(s) or the Certificate:

  • Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
  • Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
  • Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
  • Level 3 Award in Understanding Principles and Practice

The Certificate is the only qualification that qualifies you to assess in both work and training environments using a full range of assessment methods.  We, therefore, recommend the Certificate, as it is the higher qualification and the equivalent of the old A1. 

For more on the different Assessor Qualifications and which one is right for you.

ATDirect in Action

Dale, James & Jamie from Edinburgh Trams receiving Assessor training

Dale, James & Jamie, Edinburgh Trams, 16 Oct 2017

Delighted to have been training at Edinburgh Trams, winners of Operator of the Year, Light Rail Awards 2017.


Assessor Training Direct also offer the full range of IQA courses leading to Level 4 qualifications. Again, these are fast-track, no-nonsense courses with support given throughout from registration through to certification.  We can either travel to you and deliver in-house or you can study online. Certification can be achieved quickly in a few short weeks if qualification is a priority for you.

Prices start at £195+VAT per head for the Level 4 Understanding the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice and £595+VAT per head for the Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice (group of 4).

We are now also offering a Scheduled IQA Course – a classroom-based, 1 day course.  Next course dates are 6 September & 26 November in London, and 10 September & 29 October in Manchester.  Cost is £695 + VAT pp which includes all training, materials, registration, certification and support through to completion.  To book, click here.

For more on IQA Courses and what to expect, including prices.

For more on the different IQA qualifications and which one is right for you.


Recent Customers

  • Arriva Trains
  • Walsingham Support Logo
  • West Midlands Ambulance Service
  • First Choice Group Logo

Partner Organisations