ABOUT THE QUALIFICATION
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training provides an entry-level training qualification to the teaching/training profession. It covers roles and responsibilities, how to plan, deliver and evaluate training/teaching sessions and give constructive feedback to learners.
The qualification can meet the needs of a range of trainers/teachers such as:
- individuals not currently training/teaching as achievement of the qualification does not require practice, other than microteaching
- individuals currently training/teaching, including those who have just started training/teaching
- individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a trainer qualification – qualified Assessors will be able to achieve this quickly as they are likely to get credit transfer for one Unit.
UNITS OF COMPETENCE
The qualification is made up of a total of 6 units and you will need to complete 3 of them. ATDirect will discuss the Unit options with you to make sure you are taking the ones you want. In brief, we recommend the following Units in bold:
First Unit (mandatory, 3 credits):
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
Second Unit (one of the following optional Units, 6 credits):
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching approaches in education and training
- Facilitate learning and development for individuals
- Facilitate learning and development in groups
Third Unit (one of the following optional Units, 3 credits):
- Understanding assessment in education and training
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment (from the Assessor qualification)
ATDIRECT TRAINING COURSES
ATDirect provides training for individuals or groups wishing to attain the Level 3 Award in Education and Training. The training comprises a 1 day training session followed by completion of a Portfolio of Evidence. You are provided with full support through to certification by ATDirect. You can opt to either study online, attend a Scheduled training course, or have us travel to you and provide in-house training.
There are no entry requirements for enrolling to complete this qualification. However, you should have a core level of communication, literacy and IT skills, and technical knowledge, appropriate for delivering training in your sector/occupation in the UK.
ASSESSMENT & CERTIFICATION
You are assessed on the basis of your Portfolio.
Your certificate is awarded by SfJ Awards, a nationally-recognised Awarding Body for the Assessor and IQA qualifications.
If getting qualified is a priority for you, it is possible to be certificated 3 weeks after you have attended the 1 day training course.
|ONLINE COURSE||L3 EDUCATION & TRAINING AWARD||£545+VATpp|
|SCHEDULED COURSE (10 Apr Birmingham)||L3 EDUCATION & TRAINING AWARD||£545+VATpp|
|IN-HOUSE COURSE (MINIMUM GROUP SIZE OF 4)||L3 EDUCATION & TRAINING AWARD||£545+VATpp|
PAYMENT & INSTALMENT OPTIONS
Payments may be made in 2 instalments with a 50% deposit to get started. The deposit should be paid at the time of booking with the second payment due after 3 months. If you complete inside 3 months, your final payment is due after Portfolio completion and prior to sending out your Certificate.
Prices include: Pre-course preparation and materials, training, Awarding Body (SfJ Awards) registration fee, Centre admin fee, portfolio, personal ongoing support & guidance through to qualification, and certification.