NVQ assessors support and assess people working towards National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs). They make sure that candidates meet the occupational standards needed to achieve the NVQ.
As an NVQ assessor you would:
- Observe candidates in their workplace
- Examine candidates’ portfolios of evidence
- Question candidates to assess how they would deal with non-standard situations
- Provide feedback and offer advice if the standards are not met
- Sign off the NVQ when all the requirements have been met
- Keep records of candidates’ progress, according to the requirements of the NVQ awarding bodies
- Attend meetings with other Assessors
- Work closely with training staff and candidates’ line managers.